As partial exams just passed at my work (devine.be), the job of carefully entering grades takes a lot of time. A common workflow is
- Correct grades on paper
- Input grades in a spreadsheet with partial grades
- Double-check grades on paper with grades in spreadsheet
- Merge partial grades in a new spreadsheet with global grades
- Input grades in school system
As I was working I was thinking about how nice it would be if I could just speak to my computer and the grades would be filled in automatically.
Continue reading Grading in the future?
There is a nice API for face/person recognition on the internet at http://www.face.com/.
Their API provides quite a lot of interesting data, such as
- Position of the eyes
- Position of the nose
- Position of the mouth (right, center, left bounds)
- Yaw/roll/pitch rotation of the detected head
- Attributes: gender, wearing glasses, smiling, mood, …
And the best of all … it’s a free service which gives you 5000 calls an hour to their API which is more than enough for a little experiment.
Continue reading iOS Face recognition