In this tutorial I’ll show you in about 30 minutes how to do a basic setup of CakePHP and read some data from the database without writing any SQL! This will be an i-don’t-know-how-many-parts tutorial, but I’ll try to add every week a few until the basics are covered!
In this tutorial I’ll be covering
- Explain CakePHP
- Explain MVC in a nutshell
- Download and setup CakePHP
- Create a database table
- Create a Model, View and Controller
- Query the database without writing any SQL
- Visualize the returned data in a view
Let me know if you enjoyed it!
At this moment I have 4 parts written out, but if you want me to talk about something I didn’t cover in the tutorials, just ask it via the comments! I hope you’ll enjoy it, because coding is awesome, right!?