Everytime when Apple releases new software, I can’t help it to format my computer. I just don’t seem to trust an update of a operating system. I like to create a bootable USB drive because it’s blazing fast to install an OS. For Yosemite, it took me +- 15 minutes with a USB3 stick.
Luckily it is fairly easy to create a bootable USB drive for OSX 10.10 Yosemite!
These are the steps you have to take
1. Download Yosemite installer via de AppStore
2. Have a formatted (Mac OS Extended journaled) USB stick ready and name it Untitled
3. Open Terminal Window
4. Execute the following statement
sudo /Applications/Install OS X Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled/ --applicationpath /Applications/Install OS X Yosemite.app/ --nointeraction
5. Hit enter
6. Fill in your password
7. When it’s ready, just reboot your mac and hold the alt key
8. Select the bootable usb drive from the menu]
9. There is no step 9 🙂
Hope this helps you guys out 🙂